Wednesday 13 October 2010

A new Beginning

The Cataclysm starts here, today the EU is getting patch 4.0.1 and the changes that the expansion brings start to be implemented.

I am going to be posting on this blog my journey through Cataclysm, but first a quick rundown of what kind of WoW player I am. I am an altaholic but I'm not heavy into the endgame, I tend to play solo (except for PuG groups) whilst still being an officer in a long running guild. I play the Auction House, but I am not obsessed with being gold capped. I have a casual approach to the game but play over 30 hours a week. I follow a lot of WoW sites/blogs but don't min max. Oh and I was in the first wave of Beta testers, I gave feedback and posted on the forums but was not as thorough as some people seemed to think a beta tester should be.

When Wrath of the Litch King (WotLK) launched my highest level character was in the mid-60's but I also had a number of 40 something characters. Since then I have levelled a number of characters, but only have one level 80. Cataclysm is less than a couple of months away and I am just about to launch my second character into Northrend, I have a number of characters on three different realms in their 50's. I have learned so much and I am still learning.

Because I am an older gamer I didn't grow up with video games, indeed they grew up with me. As a result my skills are maybe less sharp than the average gamer and yet my hunger for them remains undiminished. It also means I have had to balance work and home with my favourite pastime.

My motivation for writing this blog is personal, a place to put my experiences and thoughts but I hope there will be good information here for the less hardcore player and we will all learn not to be so terrible at playing World of Warcraft. From time to time I will go off topic but the focus will be WoW and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment