Wednesday 16 March 2011

Casual levelling diary - week 6

I haven’t posted in a while mainly because my goals in WoW have been changing, this will be the last Casual Levelling Diary entry for a while as I am more focused on my characters on Hellfire-EU. However I will be posting a series on gold farming called Gold Per Hour. The first of which deals with farming leather in the 1-60 zones, I will also cover Mining and Herbalsim. I expect to cover all levels of the game by the end.

The daily quest in Darkshire came at just the right time and really helped speed up the levelling this week. I am concentrating on just levelling rather than do much in the Auction House, I have around 450 gold which is plenty for the moment. The next significant point is level 30 when dual spec is made available for a paltry 10g and makes using LFG a possibility within the timeframe I am using. DPS classes can expect queue times of 20 minutes plus but tanks and healers can get a group much quicker.

Day 36
Reached level 23, previously I had put my talents into Crusade(3), Improved Judgement(2) and Long Arm of the Law(2). The last one gives a 15% bonus to speed regardless of being mounted or not and helps optimise time played. The next 3 points will go into Rule of Law as at the moment I am not grouping an improved critical chance for Crusader Strike/Word of Glory is more useful than reducing the cooldown on Hand of Protection/Freedom.

Day 37
Level 24 brings a new ability, Consecration, however it is quite expensive to cast so not much to get excited about for now.

Day 38
Yet another level, that is three levels in 3 days! Or 90 minutes played! The quests are all in easy reach of the flightpoint which has helped and is a feature of the revamped world in Cataclysm. As I level further not all quest hubs will be so close so I expect a slow down after I leave this zone. I still have yellow quests at this point so there is no rush to move to the next zone.

Day 39-40
With level 26 comes a new aura, Retribution. This increases damage as opposed to Devotion which gives more armor. Because mobs are not really doing much damage it is an easy choice to make as to which aura I want to use.

Day 41
Another day and another level.

Day 44
I reached level 28 and for now this character is on hold as I turn my attention to levelling crafting professions on Hellfire-EU

No comments:

Post a Comment