Friday 29 October 2010

The Gnomer run

I logged in the other day on my flying mount in Wormrest Temple and got a whisper from a level 75 Death Knight who asked where I got the 5k gold from (they were still 2k short). The most likely answer would be I have alts or a gathering profession, and while I do have a number of alts (none above level 51) my professions are both at level 1.
I explained to him a way you can get around 80 gold an hour on a low level (42+) character. First off I want to thank Marco for his monthly blogging carnivals and http://www.justmytwocopper.org/p/wow-gold-blogging-carnival.html for showing me how to do this.
Here is a link to the post in question
http://www.eurogr.com/articles/viewarticle/55
While that post suggests a complete clear of the instance. I approached it slightly differently because my time was quite tight and I had other things I wanted to do in game.

I made a routine of doing a Gnomer run whenever I logged in but set a time limit of around 40 mins. This is a great way to get extra gold if you lack a high level character, think of it as the equivalent to doing dailies in Northrend for gold.

Because my Death Knight is on the Horde faction getting to Gnomer is initially a little difficult. First I had to get the quest Find Scooty for the Goblin Transponder. After that it was pretty easy to use the teleport to get to the instance. I did Gnomer runs on my level 64 DK, a L51 Hunter and a L42 Hunter, by basing a character in Booty Bay it is very easy to get to the instance and return to Booty Bay to dispose of my drops. There is a repair NPC next to the teleport and an inn and postbox nearby.

Instead of clearing the instance I just cleared the walkways up to the Clean Room before killing all the Gnomes in there. After that I would run between the cleaning machines until I either ran out of bag space or Grime Encrusted Objects. At this point I could run back to the teleport and then return back to the instance, which had not reset. Personally I also did the Trogg Tunnels event (looting the box of assorted parts) and cleared the platform with Troggs (there is always a chest and box of assorted parts there). Despite having 20-25 bag space I usually had to return to Booty Bay before I could convert most of the Grime Encrusted Objects. Hunters are good at this because of a faster run speed, by running between the two closest polishing machines you can maximise your time spent.

The mobs that drop the Grime Encrusted Objects are both out side and inside the instance, the ones inside the instance seem to have a higher drop rate and re-spawn so in theory you could spend as much time doing this as you like.

This is a typical run;
I have a character based in the Booty Bay Inn, run to the teleport and clear all the mobs to the instance entrance. They also drop silk and wool cloth.
Clear all the walkways on this level, first going right and then left.
Speak to the Gnome to start the Trogg tunnel event, make sure you kill them away from the tunnel entrances so you can loot them after the entrances are sealed.
Continue clearing the walkways all the way to the cog platform, reached by a small plank.
Usually I was out of bag space at this point so I ran back to teleport and sold greys, repaired and mailed out the rest to a bank alt.
Return to the instance killing the few re-spawns.
Clear all the mobs in towards the Clean Room, I used to go via the Dormitory.
Clear all the Gnome mobs in the Clean Room (not necessary if you are Alliance plus you have the advantage of a mailbox and vendor in this case I would recommend clearing the dormitory as well).
By this time I would have 30-40 Grime encrusted objects to convert at 3 silver each, while you will get some junk you will also get Copper,Tin and Silver Ore as well as pearls and low level gems all of these sell well on the AH.

No comments:

Post a Comment