Wednesday 27 October 2010

Weekend to Oct 25

A bit of a mixed weekend as technical issues after an emergency patch and a very long F1 race cut pretty deeply into my playing time. Looking at the positives, I got my DK on Darkspear to level 65 so getting jewelcrafting and blacksmithing to max level is just a case of getting the mats together.

The AH on Darkspear is not generating much income for me so I started running daily quests on my Warlock to boost my income a bit. The reson for this is probably that after the patch people have jumped back on to their mains.

I’m running the Ebon Hold and Kalu’ak quests as well as the daily at Wormsrest Accord, these bring in around 100g and as well as 1-2 stacks of frostweave cloth worth another 10g. I don’t have Kalu’ak or Wormrest Accord at exhalted yet so that would get me the 15 exhalted reputations achievement. I have a couple of crafted items from ToC patterns on my Warlock which has pushed mana and health past 20K making these runs very easy (I haven’t gemmed or enchanted these pieces yet). Inspite of this Immolate/Incinerate/Combustion are enough to kill most mobs in under 4 secs.

On Hellfire I got my DK to level 75 in 5.25 hours played I have added in dailies which means I shall have plenty of gold to level my professions. At the moment I have 2 Kalu’ak quests, the Defence of Wormrest Spire and Drake Hunt. These don’t take much time to complete and give good xp and gold for the time invested. The quests in Borean Tundra are still offering efficient levelling. I haven’t been running instances because in the time I complete an instance I can run quests for well over 100k xp. It took another 5.25 hours to hit level 76 although that included a trip back to Undercity to clearout my bags, it is worth keeping free bag space to 15-20 every time you are at an inn/mailbox.

Quest breakdown;
Borean Tundra 135/150
Howling Fjord 53/105
Dragonblight 99/130
Grizzly Hills 9/75
Zul'Drak 1/100

Total quests 822
Daily Quests 18

I also started a little preparation work on my Paladin, once my DK is level 80 this will be the character I am levelling so I got mining to 330 ready for Ungoro Crater. I put talents into Protection as this seems best suited to gathering, I was surprised at how low the xp for mithril ore was though, hopefully thorium will be more in line with the zone. Eventually my druid will take over the mining role but at level 8 it will be after Cataclysm, hopefully my paladin will be well into Outland by then (level 64?)

No comments:

Post a Comment