Wednesday 26 January 2011

Casual Levelling Diary – Week 2

Days 8-12
With things stalled on the AH side all I could do with inscription was research additional minor glyphs.
It took time for me to learn my way around Stormwind so that I could complete my daily quests quickly. The Alliance seems to have slightly more difficult quests, especially ‘Rock Lobster’ where the level 85 sharks are a real menace.
The remaining time is spent doing a few quests in Goldshire. I reached level 14 this way.

Day 13
After re-posting each day my first glyph finally sold for 15g, this gave me enough gold to buy enough herbs to make 3 glyphs. I selected these by looking at what glyphs gave me the best skill ups (i.e. orange-amber-green) and checking the current price on the AH. As my range of glyphs improve so will my sales per day from them. I had also collected a stack of Stringy Wolf Meat and I put this on the AH for 55g which undercut the only other listing on the AH. To my surprise this sold which together with the two glyphs I sold by the following day gave me over 100g.

Day 14
With a nice sum of gold I was able to buy enough herbs to make 10 different glyphs as well as starting to make Lion’s Ink. At this point I didn’t have time to do any questing other than dailies, I reached level 15 however. Even after purchasing herbs up to the value of 50s each I still had 20-35g left over. This gave each glyph sold a profit of around 7.5g which I used to buy herbs for more inks. Each time I sold a glyph a made a note of it. This will help later when I focus on which glyphs to make regularly, doing this will leave more time for levelling. I will probably spend 15 minutes once a week making inks and glyphs and then just replacing sold glyphs each day and reviewing each week. This method has worked on other realms with inscription skills of around 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment