Wednesday 12 January 2011

Levelling Alts using the new daily quests

I had some technical problems over the holiday period, so no internet (or phone) and no WoW.
When I did get back online I discovered the cooking and fishing daily quests in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. These are a really good way of levelling alt characters, they are available from level 10 and offer XP that scales with level. The cooking quests do not require any cooking although you will need level 1 in the skill, some of the fishing quests do require fishing and it is best to use a lure to get up to level 25. Doing both of them usually takes me 10-15 minutes which means I can run them on a lot of characters, in fact it is possible to level a character just doing these quests.

The fish caught while doing the fishing quests can be used to level cooking as well, the recipes are available from Thunder Bluff (for the Horde) or Stormwind (Alliance) except the Longjaw Mudskipper which you can get from Ironforge
Brilliant Smallfish (up to 85)
Longjaw Mudskipper (50 to 130)
Bristle Whisker Catfish (100 to 180)
To get the best out of these dailies and rested XP I have been doing just the dailies and doing quests once I have enough rested XP to reach the next level. As a result I am currently levelling no less than 15 characters at the same time, although I don’t mange to do dailies on them all each day. I have a couple of hours available in the mornings and this allows me to do dailies on around 7 characters. The XP from these quests increases as you level although not proportionately so.
Level 10 = 13% of a level or 26% for both quests (XP is also earned from any mobs killed)
Level 15= 10% of a level or 20% for both quests (by this point little or no XP come from the mobs)
Level 20= 9.5% of a level or 19% for both quests
Level 30= 8% of a level or 16% for both quests
And so on, by level 80 the quests only offer 1.5% of a level each. However by this point there are other daily quests available.

Currently I am levelling characters between levels 10-39 using this approach and I am looking out for any other daily quests as I go. This seems to be the only one (for the Horde but there is an Alliance alternative) at Krom’gar Fortress which is available from level 24 to 30. This quest offers another 15%-10% and takes around 10 minutes including travel time from Orgrimmar.
So using daily quests and rested (usually takes no more than 30 minutes) I can expect to level up;
10-23 every 4 days
24-30 every 3 days
I don’t have data for the levels above this but indications are it will be 5 days above level 30. Also guild level increases the quest XP (all the above have no bonuses).

I would recommend taking Archaeology at level 20 and using it whenever a dig site is nearby

No comments:

Post a Comment